Friday, January 20, 2012

Where can I find a translator that translates english letters to japanese?

I found a japanese translator a while ago but it only translates what I type into it, so long as it's an actual word. I need one that translates just the english letters to japanese so I can have my name in japanese.|||Do you want a translation of your name or a transliteration? There is a difference. It also goes by how your name is pronounced, not written, because of the difference in how Japanese and English works as a language.





For example, my name would be translated as "yuuwaku", written in two kanji 瑾樻儜. But transliterated by how it's said, it's Rena, 銉儕. Because I am not Japanese, it would be written in katakana, not hirigana. Rena is most appropriate. Wikipedia has a chart showing katakana, which you can use to sound out how your name is said and transliterate it.|||Your name in Japanese is the same name you have now -_-"

No comments:

Post a Comment