Wednesday, February 1, 2012

French and/or Japanese Translator as a career?

I love both languages and cultures and plan on going to Marshall U. in West Virginia to learn these languages with my basic classes. Would it be wise to learn these and work on becoming a translator and what career opportunities could i pursue with these skills?|||On Japanese: I graduated from Marshall University, and they have an excellent Japanese language program. I studied Japanese language for two semesters and went for an exchange semester at Tokyo Denki Daigaku, all expenses paid by the uni. The International Adviser there went to Kansai Gaidai (American guy) and has a Japanese wife.





For the Japanese part - I highly recommend it. The staff at MU are quite helpful and will support you in your academic aspirations!|||Hmmm, I'm thinking french might be wiser to translate as they seem to hate learning the languages of others or at least speaking as such.





I think the japanese are more apt to know at least some english increasing competition.


But if you can do both, that's better.

No comments:

Post a Comment